This service area provides for the monitoring, care and rehabilitation of community members who have either long-term or short-term health care needs and who want to receive their health care in their own homes.
The services can range from scheduled appointments, to home visits by the health staff. Home visits include not only health care, but also basic home care services when needed.
The belief of care is to help people keep their independence in their own home and allow them to be close to their loved ones as long as possible. Home & Community Care will support and improve the care provided by the family and community but should not replace it. We are always encouraging family members to become involved in the care of the family members.
As part of a national program, it may provide clients with:
- Initial health needs assessments
- A personalized health management plan
- At-home health care services
- Education for supportive care givers (family members, friends, etc.) and
- Linkages with other agencies
The program has been challenged with the recruitment and retention of Personal Support Workers over the last few years. Because of this New Brunswick Community College was able to provide Personal Care training on reserve.
- Primer Accreditation completed
- LPN for Maternal Child Health
- New role for HCL to work in Chronic Disease Management
- Advanced Foot Care Training for LPN
- Cellphones for PSW;s
- Palliative Care Training
- Food Safety Certification
Range of Services
|Program Statistics 2012-2013|
|Elder care clients||7|
|Foot care clients||15|
|Spiritual care clients||3|
|Elders on the move||15|
|Home Care services Visits||14,125|
Look for more information on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ElsiHealth